Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

super easy lasagna bake

I originally found this recipe on pinterest. And I'll admit, it is really easy, but I simplified it even more!




1/2 lb. ground beef
1 jar Prego Traditional spaghetti sauce (this is my favorite but you can use any spaghetti sauce)
1/2 pkg of medium-sized egg noodles (about 2 cups uncooked noodles)
1/2 container cottage cheese (a heeping cup full)
mozzarella cheese

-Preheat oven to 350*
-Bring medium saucepan full of water to boil, add noodles and cook according to package, usually 7-9 minutes
-Meanwhile, brown hamburger in pan, drain when finished and return to pan.
-Add sauce to hamburger and allow it to heat through, set aside. (1 full jar may seem like a lot for this amount of hamburger, but you want it to be pretty saucy.)
-When noodles are finished drain the water and put back in pan. Add cottage cheese and stir. You'll want the noodles to be well coated, you can add more cottage cheese if the noodles aren't coated very much.
-Grease an 8x8 glass dish. Pour in 1/2 the hamburger sauce mixture.
-Layer the entire pan of noodle mixture.
-Top with the other 1/2 of hamburger sauce mixture
-Top with as much mozzarella cheese as you want!

Bake for 20-30 minutes, til it's bubbly.

Enjoy!

If you want to make this for a 9x13 pan I think you could simply double the recipe. I have only made it in an 8x8 pan though.

This recipe was plenty for my husband and me, plus leftovers for both of us the next day.