Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Recipe Review: Pumpkin Sugar Cookies

I found this recipe on Pinterest, as usual, and decided to try it out last night. Who doesn't love sugar cookies? And who doesn't love pumpkin?



Overall I thought the cookies were really delicious. But that was only after I accepted the fact that they are still a sugar cookie. I was expecting a lot of pumpkin flavor, but it just isn't there. It is more of a hint of pumpkin.

The recipe says to flatten the cookies with a cup, which I did and think you should. But after I did that I sprinkled more cinnamon/sugar on top because the cup pulled some of the topping off.

The recipe also says you have to put the dough in the fridge for an hour to let it firm up. I didn't do this and my cookies turned out great! I mostly didn't do that though because I didn't have the time to wait an hour for it to sit!

I do recommend this recipe, but you have to take away your expectation of a true pumpkin cookie :)