Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

healthy cleaning product

Remember last week when I posted about the vinegar for your dishwasher? Well I mentioned that I got a TON of new tips for cleaning from a meeting at church. I tried out another one and wanted to share it with you!

All you need for this shower/bathtub/toilet cleaner is:
1 cup dawn dish soap (original blue only)
1 cup vinegar
1 squirt bottle

Microwave your vinegar for 1-2 minutes. Pour it into the bottle (I used an empty 409 squirt bottle) and add the dish soap. Shake, shake, shake the bottle. This will create a gel that will still squirt out of the bottle. Spray this all over your bathtub and toilet and let sit for about 5 minutes. Scrub away, adding water, rinse and be amazed. 

This worked very very well, better than bleach I thought. But the thing I love most about this is that there are no chemicals in it. You know when you clean with bleach or strong cleaners and you feel like you should have a face mask on? That will not happen with this cleaner, I actually liked the smell :) 
I'm on a mission to clean with natural products!

I used this last night and checked out my bottle of gel this morning since it had cooled down and it is still a nice gel texture. You only need the vinegar to be hot to make the gel at first.

I hope this works as great for you as it did for me!