Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Our Best Bites Launch Event

First and foremost I want to thank my dear friend Clarice THANK YOU! She won tickets to the Our Best Bites launch event and invited me to go with her. We had SO much fun. Clarice came down from Idaho on Thursday evening and spent the night at our place. Friday I worked in the morning then we went shopping for a little bit then off to the event. We got there a little early and got really good seats.
Sara and Kate came out right on time and started the demo. Let me just tell you...they are the nicest people ever! I know how many of you love their recipes like me but you should know just how sweet those two ladies really are. They don't feel like "celebrities" or think they are amazing, they are just two super nice moms cookin' in the kitchen! 
They made Chicken Cacciatore (pg. 168 of OBB Cookbook), Rosemary Focaccia Bread (pg. 36), and Panzanella (pg. 78). All three of these were AMAZING. I'm actually making the Panzanella this week with grilled chicken added to make it a meal thanks to Kate for the suggestion! 
They also made us a knock your socks off dessert! It was Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Tarts with Chocolate Mousse. They made this recipe exclusively for all of us at the event-it's not going on the blog or anything! If you want the recipe of course I'll send it to you. It was incredible!!
I was lucky enough to win one of the prizes they gave away! I won a cooking class at Orson Gygi and I'm quite excited, I think I'm gonna take one for making bread so I can get better at that.
Anyway after the show we got our books signed and chatted with Sara and Kate a little bit.
All in all we had a great time. It was such a fun afternoon!

Saturday I started working on a big project. I am afraid it's a huge project! But I'm very excited about it so it shouldn't take me more then a couple days...hopefully :)
My parents got this table when I was very young. After we had it for quite some time my mom painted it to match the colors in our home. Well after a few of us kids in the family had the table for a period of time it was my turn. Logan and I have had it about a year and a half and I finally decided to paint it! We are moving in 2 weeks and I really want to have it finished for our new place. I'll keep you updated and hopefully be posting pictures before the week is over!!
Have a great week everyone!