Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ruffled Skirt Tutorial

This was the skirt I made for Crafting with the Stars a few weeks ago. Sadly I didn't make it to the next round, which in the end ended up being quite a relief since I went to LA for five days for work. Anyway I thought I'd share with you how I made it
because it was really fun and super easy.




First you need an old skirt and some jersey fabric. Jersey fabric is super soft and comfy.



I cut a very long strip of jersey and stitched across the top and pulled the bottom thread to make it ruffled. Then pin it on to the skirt near the bottom and sew it on.



Repeat the last step for however many ruffles you want. Finish off with a small 2" wide ruffle along the top and you're done!
This ruffle was a bonus on this skirt because it was a little too short, with the ruffle I was able to make the skirt 3" longer, perfect!


I finished another project yesterday and will be showing you a tutorial for that tomorrow!