Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

guest post: Shannon Sews


Hey everyone, please give a warm welcome to my guest blogger today...Shannon Sews!!

 Greetings from ShannonSews!
I’m so excited to be able to do a guest post on Dresden’s blog. She’s so cute and full of talent. I love making new blogging friends who enjoy creating and sewing like I do.

Okay, a little about me.
My name is Shannon (probably already knew that). I'm a Seattle native and love my life here with my sweet husband, and neary-by family. The city is beautiful, the air is fresh and the scenery is green.

It seems that you kind of fall into what you love (that's been the case with me anyway) and about a year ago I stumbled upon a hidden passion of mine. Sewing. I love the challenge of a good clothing refashion, the inspiration of design, the freedom of creativity and the sweet satisfaction of my designs coming to life.

Before long, sewing became much more than a hobby for me. I started consigning and opened an etsy shop: Shannon Sorensen Designs. A place I could share my heart-felt work.

I have so many things I want to add to my shop. My mind often swirls with new ideas and designs. I currently have a crush on pillows

and designing baby bibs and burp cloth sets. Babies deserve a little glam too. 

We'll see where else the wind takes me.

In my non-sewing time, I help manage an after-school program. I just love those kids. Contributing to their lives every day is very fulfilling. I wouldn't feel complete without it.

Outside of my "shop" projects and school job, I love to sew clothing and do refashions. A couple of my favorite clothing projects would probably have to be this ruffled shirt:


Other favorites would have to be this set of sheer overlay skirts:


*And, not to leave you without a few how-to's, below you'll find a few links my readers found helpful. Hope you do too.
I love to meet new bloggers! Stop by ShannonSews and say hi. Any friend of Dresden's, is a friend of mine!