Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My birthday present finally has a home :)


Last Tuesday was my 23rd birthday and it was a great day, well kindof. Technically we celebrated on Monday so Tuesday was a less exciting day. Monday we went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory ( I love their Orange Chicken!) with Kara, Lola, Blake, Julie, Brenna, David and Natalie. We had a great time and afterwards headed to the Apple Store. I have been working a second job all summer to save up for my new laptop and finally the time came to buy it! I was very anxious to get through dinner so we could get my new laptop! So here ya go...picture time!


Julie and Blake


Me, Lola & Kara


Logan & I (Logan has his mouth full!)


Finally! Oh happy day :)


Well about a month ago I got a little excited and made myself a laptop case...without even having a laptop! It sadly ended up being too small so I had to make a new one, which ended up being fine because I like the fabric I found even more plus it meant a trip to Joanns...so fun! Anyway here is where my laptop will live when it is not being used.






**still taking orders if you want one**

More? Yes there is more...My sister-in-law Brandi asked if I would make her a bag. She bought an Amy Butler pattern and asked if I'd try it out. Well it ended up being very very similar to the purse I normally make only larger and a little more round. Well I was a little disappointed...it turned out super cute but something happened in the process with the seam allowance and it ended up being HUGE! You can see in the picture below what I mean, though I am going to make one just like it to carry all my art supplies for my watercolor class as school this semester. Hopefully Brandi finds a use for it, there's no way you'd want this as an everyday purse! Sorry Brandi :)