Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bacon Chicken Pasta and...a confession!

Last week I was browsing Borders bookstore looking for a gift for my brother when I came upon a "Slow Cooker Recipe Book." So I picked it up and started looking through, I love using the crock pot-put all the ingredients in it and let it cook all day, and it puts a delicious aroma in the house :). Unfortunately only about 3 recipes in the whole book really appealed to me...so I pulled out my phone and snapped some pictures, being very sneaky of course!! I felt bad "stealing" recipes but I really didn't want to spend $15 on a book for 3 pages of it! So there's my confession...I stole this recipe I am about to share with you :).

Well I was VERY impressed with this recipe, it tasted delicious! And Logan enjoyed it as well. So I hope you try it out and let me know how you like it too.

Chicken Bacon Pasta

Ingredients:
5-6 slices of bacon, diced
1/2-1 cup onion (depending on how much you like onion)
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced
1 cup chicken stock
salt
pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 T cornstarch
2/3 cup peas
2 T fresh parsley (optional, I didn't have any and it still tasted great)
2 cups rotini pasta or any spiral pasta
feta cheese (optional, for garnishing)

1.Cook bacon in large frying pan (it tastes best if it's well cooked, it will soften in the crock pot), drain but leave the bacon and about 1 t. drippings in pan.
2. Add onion and cook for 5-10 mins til the onion is soft. Transfer the onion/bacon mixture to a crock pot.
3. Add chicken, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Cook in crock pot on low for 6 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
4. Combine milk and cornstarch til smooth and add to crock pot.
5. Add peas and parsley stir well and cook with lid on for 10-15 more mins.
6.Cook pasta and add to crock pot, stir well, top with feta cheese and serve while it's hot!
Enjoy!!