Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Finally an update...

Well firsts things first...I got a new job so I haven't had as much time during the day to do some crafty or designy things. Is that a word? Designy? Nope it's not, oh well. But good news...I work for a company called Silhouette America doing some graphic design work which is what I am in school for, so I can't complain because I get paid to design all day! Anyway I have managed to do a few things and so I'll share them with you.
I made myself a purse and I LOVE it! I wanted a black damask like material and was super excited when I found this one at Joann's.

Excuse the the tiny piece of thread hangin off the top, it's clipped off now. This is the material for the inside, I love how the colors go together.

I also made a purse/diaper bag for my friend Gina but I forgot to take a picture, of course. I designed pockets inside that specifically fit diapers and wipes.

I mentioned Blake & Julie's wedding invitations a month or two ago, well a girl I work with saw those and asked if I would do her invitations. These pictures DO NOT do these justice at all. Ashley has such great style, the design was completely her idea. She is getting married in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple and wanted a silhouette of it at the top of her invitation. I think they turned out so classy and nice. The paper is an off white paper with an incredible texture and the type is all in a dark grey rather than black which really made the invitation I think. I plan to get these and Blake's professionally photographed for my website, which may I announce, is under construction! So get ready to share it with all your friends who need invitations of any kind designed for them!




And lastly, my niece Lola turned 2 this past weekend and I saw this tutorial on a blog I follow and decided to try it out. I didn't follow it exactly but it was super easy and I love how this little heart turned out. I used an old shirt I was about to get rid of, so I was being green :). I took this picture with my cell phone camera, sorry it's so bad!